Cultivating Collaboration: Eliminating Errors and Miscommunication in Modeling
In this video from Synario's 2021 Virtual Solutions Summit. Austin Water knew from the start they were going to focus on long-term Revenue, Fund, Debt, and Capital projections and they knew they needed a team of people to be successful. They will share the importance of collaboration, accountability, and group effort when adopting Synario as they outgrew excel.
- Austin Water spent 3–4 months each year building out its annual budget in Excel and another 1–2 weeks preparing PowerPoint presentations. If decision-makers wanted to see alternative scenarios, the team had to go back to the drawing board.
- While other teams contributed data for the models, Finance was somewhat siloued. A team of two was responsible for most of the financial modeling and budget planning. Budget meetings happened only a few times a year.
- Christina Romero, a financial division manager at Austin Water, felt like they were “missing something.” She chose Synario as a full-stack financial analysis, forecasting, and budget planning solution.
- Within months of onboarding, Synario helped Romero’s team build their latest annual budget in 1–2 weeks. And with Synario’s automated Presentation Mode, they can prepare presentations in just 1–2 hours and make adjustments mid-presentation.
- Now, Romero’s team of eight contributors has biweekly budget meetings to make sure everyone is on the same page.